Do you think you’re overweight or just a little soft around the belly? Read this article and find out about health tips that will help you to lose a few kilos through thinking positively and eating the right diet for your body type. This is the secret diet info that was never revealed to anyone before.
Eat well to boost your mental health
Your eating habits can influence the way you think, function and feel:
Lack of certain vitamins can cause your body to swell up or gain unwanted weight
Lack vitamin B6A in your diet can cause symptoms such as tiredness, nervousness, irritability, negative thinking,depression, insomnia, and difficulty with concentration and energy. In addition, dizziness, loss of feeling or pins and needles in the hands and feet can be caused by swelling of connective tissue in the wrist and ankle which presses on nerves that are linked to a lack or shortage of vitamin B6
The foods below are Rich dietary sources of vitamin B6
Meat, fish, potatoes, bananas, dry beans, peas, lentils and soy products.
Vitamin B12 deficiency in breastfeeding mothers and who are strict vegetarians can expose infants to brain atrophy, myoclonic seizure disorder and cortical blindness, which may be irreversible.
Vitamin B12 is exclusively found in liver, red meat, poultry, fish, eggs, milk and dairy products. Not suitable for vegetarians.
Adopting healthy habits
- Reading books related to your problem. This helps to provide an understanding and more information on the problems which can be important for yourself.
- Eating the correct and relevant diet for your body type .This helps to maintain blood sugar levels. Foods, which promote serotonin production, can be increased e.g. bananas, pumpkin pips. Stimulants which increase anxiety should be avoided e.g. coffee, colas, chocolate and all caffeinated drinks. Vitamin supplements may be useful if you are very run down ..
- Sleeping sufficiently – but not too much, at least 8hours a day.
- Exercise – begin gradually and slowly increase the intensity and amount of time spent exercising. Exercise promotes the release of the body’s natural opiates which improve mood(positive thinking). Being out in the fresh air and with people helps to put a different perspective on problems.
- Relaxation – to decrease tension and anxiety and to improve sleep. E.g. Pilate’s, yoga, aromatherapy, facial massage, Indian head and neck massage.
- Hobbies/interests – which help to occupy the mind and decrease pre-occupation with negative thoughts.
- Regular breaks/holidays
- Life-style changes – expecting less of oneself; maybe lowering standards a little; delegating; asking for assistance.
- Avoid alcohol, drugs and cigarettes – these often worsen negative thinking and anxiety.
Snack on foods that combat obesity?
Always snack on a fruit if you feel like eating something especially if you don’t have time to prepare a meal.
Exercise burns calories be it running, walking or swimming.