If you thought that Ryan Reynolds was in shape in Blade Trinity, wait until you see him as…Deadpool in X-Men Origins Wolverine. Read this article and get all the details on the diet that was responsible for adding 20 pounds of muscle to his body while dropping down to only 3% body fat!
Ryan Reynolds is considered one of the fittest bodies in Hollywood today. From his first appearance in the movie Van Wilder where everyone was able, to see his incredible six pack abs and fit body. In order to get additional muscle size and six pack abs the Ryan Reynolds diet had to include plenty of high-quality protein and carb rotation.
For the movie, Blade Trinity Reynolds only had five months to get in shape. In that short period, he was able to drop his body fat from 11% to 3%. In addition, at the same time he gained 20 pounds of muscle mass according to his personal trainer. At this point, you might just be asking yourself… “How the Heck Did He Do That?”
Reynolds was placed on a bodybuilder’s diet. In an interview that he did he commented “I something pretty much every 2 to 3 hours never “stuffing” myself, but I never let myself get hungry.”
The Ryan Reynolds Diet
- Breakfast: two eggs, a tablespoon of almond butter or slice of avocado, and 1 cup of oatmeal with applesauce
- Mid-morning Snack: Protein Shake
- Lunch: Chicken or Tuna Wrap and a Salad
- Midafternoon snack: Protein Shake (Whey Protein Isolates with Water)
- Dinner: broiled Chicken or Fish, Vegetables, Brown Rice, and a Large Salad
- Nighttime Snack: Protein Shakes
The Ryan Reynolds diet consisted of 8 to 10 small meals a day. The majority of his carbohydrates he ate after his workout. He consumed no carbohydrates after 8 PM. His carbs were kept high during the morning hours.